Produktteksten på dette produktet er dessverre ikke oversatt til norsk, nedenfor finner du produsentens/leverandørens beskrivelse...
The MT-1 Tomahawk is the the result of comprehensive usage, historical, and materials research. The culmination of the development effort is a monolithic design with familiar size, unequaled durability and strength, and critical low weight. We offer only the best performing coatings, and supply the tomahawk with an edge grind possessing a fine balance between durability and sharpness.
The US Sourced, 4140 chrome-moly tool steel used is cut entirely using a CNC mill. The steel goes through three different heat treatment processes, the critical processes performed in a computer controlled vacuum furnace. Each hawk receives many hours of smoothing and finishing by hand, its why the handle has a solid grip but is not abrasive. The final step for the MT-1 is a professional sharpening, slightly concave in geometry, and an inclusive angle known for excellent edge retention. The hawk is shipped in its protective sheath and packaged in a VCI bag to assure you get a perfect hawk.
After testing a tremendous number of coatings/finishes/corrosion protection methods for the MT-1 (including hard chrome, industrial chrome, trivalent chromate, hexavalent chromate, isotropic surface finishing, black oxide, manganese phosphate, zinc chromate, gas nitriding, various paints) we found the ultimate to be diamond-like carbon (DLC). DLC is a coating of amorphous carbon that has some of the properties of diamond. There are many types of DLC and Red Rock Rifleworks uses the thickest tetrahedral amorphous carbon (ta-C) coating available. This purest form of SP^3 is one of the strongest, most abrasion resistant materials known to man. We found it able to resist abrasion and corrosion better than any other tested coating and the MT-1 is one of the largest DLC coated parts commercially available (to get an even dispersion on the surface requires a VERY large ion beam deposition chamber). This is the ultimate coating for the ultimate Tomahawk.
Whether you choose the uncoated version or DLC (the toughest coating on the market), you'll have a high quality, multi functional tool you can count on for a lifetime.
- CNC MILLED MONOLITHIC DESIGN FOR STRUCTURAL DURABILITY AND WEIGHT REDUCTION.
- CHAMFERED HANDLE DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM GRIP WHEN WEARING TACTICAL GLOVES.
- CENTER OF GRAVITY BIASED TOWARDS HEAD PROVIDES MAXIMUM STRIKING FORCE.
- BLADE DESIGNED FOR BREACHING, HACKING, CHOPPING, HOOKING, ETC.
- SPIKE DESIGNED FOR PUNCTURING, PRYING, EXTRACTING MATERIAL, ETC.
- GARNET BLASTED TO REMOVE MACHINED WITNESS MARKS
- MULTISTEP TUMBLING PROCESS FOR A SMOOTH FINISHED HANDLE
- PROFESSIONALLY HAND SHARPENED, STEEP DOUBLE BEVEL FOR DURABILITY.
- CNC ENGRAVED
- 100% MADE IN THE USA
- KYDEX® SHEATH SLOTS ARE DESIGNED TO CORRESPOND WITH PALS/MOLLE WEBBING
- FASTENER LOCATIONS CORRESPOND TO BLADE-TECH® MOLLE-LOK HARDWARE.
- 0.125″ KYDEX® HALVES ARE HELD TOGETHER BY REMOVABLE, FLUSH MOUNTED, CORROSION RESISTANT FASTENERS.
- PACKAGED WITH SAFETY STRAP AND SHOULDER STRAP ATTACHED. BELT LOOPS (NOT ATTACHED) ARE INCLUDED IN PACKAGING.
- SPARE HARDWARE AND QUAD DRIVE HEX BIT NUT DRIVER FOR DISASSEMBLY ALSO INCLUDED.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA
- AISI 4140 ALLOY (CHROME-MOLYBDENUM) HIGH TENSILE STEEL, SOURCED AND MACHINED IN THE USA
- THROUGH HARDENED IN VACUUM FURNACE, THEN TEMPERED TO ~55 HRC (ROCKWELL SCALE C)
- DLC (DIAMOND-LIKE CARBON COATING) - BLACK
- WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS:
- WEIGHT: 1.4 LBS (645 GRAMS)
- WIDTH (BLADE TO SPIKE): 8.25 IN (21 CM)
- LENGTH (HEAD TO HANDLE): 14.75 IN (37.5 CM)
- THICKNESS: 0.5 IN (1.25 CM)
- MATERIAL: 0.125 IN KYDEX®
- SCREWS: STAINLESS STEEL, BLACK OXIDE COATED (SPARE SCREW INCLUDED)
- NUTS: 7068 ALUMINUM ALLOY & TYPE II CLASS II MIL-A-8625F BLACK ANODIZED (SPARE NUT INCLUDED)
- WEIGHT: 0.4 LBS (181 GRAMS)
- WIDTH: 9.5 IN (24.13 CM)
- HEIGHT: 4.25 IN (10.80 CM)
- THICKNESS: 0.75 IN (19.05 CM)
QUAD DRIVE BIT TOOL (INCLUDED):
- 7068 ALUMINUM ALLOY, NO ADDITIONAL FINISH
- SHANK SIZE: 0.25 IN HEX
SHOULDER STRAP SPECIFICATIONS (WEBBING & ADJUSTERS):
- WEBBING (1 PIECE): 1.0 IN (2.54 CM) WIDTH, NYLON
- ADJUSTERS (4 PIECES): 1.0 IN (2.54 CM), WIDTH, ACETAL, TRI-BAR STYLE LENGTH ADJUSTERS
BELT LOOP SPECIFICATIONS (WEBBING & BUCKLES):
- WEBBING (2 PIECES): 1.0 IN (2.54 CM) WIDTH, NYLON
- BUCKLES (2 PIECES): 1.0 IN (2.54 CM) WIDTH, ACETAL
SAFETY STRAP SPECIFICATIONS (WEBBING & BUCKLE):
- WEBBING (1 PIECE): 0.625 IN (1.59 CM) WIDTH, NYLON
- BUCKLES (1 PIECE): 0.625 IN (1.59 CM) WIDTH, ACETAL